Recent and upcoming presentations by CCA staff include:
- “Meeting the economic challenges of regional and rural Australia: Leveraging community capacity to foster innovation in VET”, ACPET National Conference, Hobart, August 2016, by Dr Don Perlgut, CEO. Link to presentation abstract.
- “Leveraging philanthropy to foster innovation and financial sustainability”, at the Akolade conference, Innovative Business Models for VET: Enabling sustainable growth in an era of reform & compliance, Sydney, July 2016, by Dr Don Perlgut, CEO.
- NCVER 25th National Vocational Education and Training Research "No Frills" Conference, Rockhampton, Queensland, July 2016, by Dr Don Perlgut, CEO. Link to full presentation.
- Australian Vocational Education & Training Research Association (AVETRA) conference, April 2016, Sydney, by Ruth Walker. Link to presentation abstract
- Australian Council of TESOL Associations & Australian Council for Adult Literacy ACTR/ACAL Conference, Perth, April 2016, by Ruth Walker, Project Manager.
Publications and blogs
“More bad news for Australia’s private for-profit higher education sector,” by Dr Don Perlgut, 27 January 2017.
“Australian post-school education in the age of Trump,” by Dr Don Perlgut, Open Forum, 17 January 2017. Also re-published in the CCA website Comment section under the title “Australian VET in the Age of Trump”.
“No National Policy Direction on Vocational Education and Training Means that Community Education Loses Out,” by Dr Don Perlgut, 21 December 2016.
“What’s wrong with profit margins of Australia’s private VET providers?” by Dr Don Perlgut, Open Forum, 26 August 2016. Also published in the CCA Comment section as “What do bank profits have to tell us about Australia’s private for-profit VET providers”.
“Community education in vocational education and training: NCVER report shows that our numbers matter”, by Dr Don Perlgut, 20 July 2016
"Re-inserting 'community' into Australian Vocational Education and Training", by Dr Don Perlgut, Open Forum, 11 May 2016.