Recent and upcoming presentations by CCA staff include:
- "Community Education: The 'Passing Gear' of Australian Rural and Regional VET", 26th National Vocational Education and Training Research "No Frills" Conference, Hobart, Tasmania, July 2017, by CEO Dr Don Perlgut.
- "Community Education in an Age of VET Uncertainty: Trends, Policies and Opportunities, "Australian Vocational Education and Training Research Association (AVETRA) 20th Annual Conference, Melbourne, April 2017, by CEO Dr Don Perlgut.
- “Meeting the economic challenges of regional and rural Australia: Leveraging community capacity to foster innovation in VET”, ACPET National Conference, Hobart, August 2016, by Dr Don Perlgut, CEO. Link to presentation abstract.
- “Leveraging philanthropy to foster innovation and financial sustainability”, at the Akolade conference, Innovative Business Models for VET: Enabling sustainable growth in an era of reform & compliance, Sydney, July 2016, by Dr Don Perlgut, CEO.
- NCVER 25th National Vocational Education and Training Research "No Frills" Conference, Rockhampton, Queensland, July 2016, by Dr Don Perlgut, CEO. Link to full presentation.
- Australian Vocational Education & Training Research Association (AVETRA) conference, April 2016, Sydney, by Ruth Walker. Link to presentation abstract
- Australian Council of TESOL Associations & Australian Council for Adult Literacy ACTR/ACAL Conference, Perth, April 2016, by Ruth Walker, Project Manager.
Publications and blogs
The Role of Community Education in Australian Regional and Rural Economic Development, by Dr Don Perlgut, 7 February 2017. This publication has been catalogued by Australian Policy Online and VOCEDplus, NCVER's international tertiary education research database.
“More bad news for Australia’s private for-profit higher education sector,” by Dr Don Perlgut, 27 January 2017.
“Australian post-school education in the age of Trump,” by Dr Don Perlgut, Open Forum, 17 January 2017. Also re-published in the CCA website Comment section under the title “Australian VET in the Age of Trump”.
“No National Policy Direction on Vocational Education and Training Means that Community Education Loses Out,” by Dr Don Perlgut, 21 December 2016.
“What’s wrong with profit margins of Australia’s private VET providers?” by Dr Don Perlgut, Open Forum, 26 August 2016. Also published in the CCA Comment section as “What do bank profits have to tell us about Australia’s private for-profit VET providers”.
“Community education in vocational education and training: NCVER report shows that our numbers matter”, by Dr Don Perlgut, 20 July 2016
"Re-inserting 'community' into Australian Vocational Education and Training", by Dr Don Perlgut, Open Forum, 11 May 2016.
In the Media
ABC Radio Illawarra, 27 February 2017, Mornings with Nick Rheinberger, interview with CEO Dr Don Perlgut.
The Sydney Morning Herald, 10 January 2017: “Time to value education as investment, not commodity," letter to the editor.
ABC Radio South East NSW, 28 February 2017, Mornings program, interview with CEO Dr Don Perlgut.