Community Colleges Australia (CCA) Annual Conference returns to Sydney for an in-person event on 5 & 6 April 2022, promising a stimulating, inventive and invigorating two days of domestic and international speakers, expert presenters and adult and community education specialists. This will be CCA’s first in-person conference since its successful event in Brisbane in November 2019.
This year’s conference theme is Rebuilding Community, following what will have been – by April – more than two years of the COVID-19 pandemic, and its long-term impacts on Australian post-secondary education, training and communities. We will engage with both big and small questions:
- What’s next in post-secondary education, training and skills?
- How do we “build back better” in adult and community education (ACE)?
- What’s to be learned from overseas experiences?
- What long-term impacts will the pandemic have on how we learn, how we teach and how we construct communities?
- What new challenges face us?
- What structures and approaches need to be changed and what should we keep?
Keynote speakers confirmed to date include Dr Cassandra Goldie, CEO of Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS) and Adjunct Professor, UNSW Sydney; and Professor David Wilmoth, former RMIT Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Dean of Environmental Design & Construction; author of The Promise of the City: Adventures in Learning Cities and Higher Education.
The Conference plans sessions on:
- Foundation skills, as a follow up to the National ACE Summit in June
- Aged Care workforce training also a follow to the ACE Summit
- The Past, Present and Future of Adult Community Education in Australia
- State government approaches to ACE
Do you wish to present? CCA has opened expressions of interest to present at the Conference. We encourage proposals that fit into the conference theme and strands. Download the “Call for Papers” here or read more here.
Location and Venue: The Conference will unfold at the Marriott Hotel on Pitt Street, adjacent to Sydney’s bustling Circular Quay ferry terminals, only a few minutes’ walk to the historic Rocks District, the iconic Sydney Opera House and the Museum of Contemporary Art.
Special events: Our pre-conference social event highlight will be a sunset cruise on Sydney Harbour on Monday 4 April. Our annual sponsor exhibition returns with a terrific mix of ideas, products and services. The Conference will feature the award ceremonies of the first-ever “Community Education Trainer of the Year Awards” at the Gala Dinner on Tuesday 6 April.
Supporters, sponsors and services: CCA invites proposals to participate in our popular services and products exhibition, which “sells out” of available space every time. Please be quick if you wish to sponsor or support the 2022 Conference. Confirmed supporters include Coverforce Insurance, Australian Apprenticeships and Traineeships Information Service, Training Resource Solutions and Compliant Learning Solutions.
Contact CCA via email if you have any questions.