Community Colleges Australia (CCA) has launched a new eight-part governance and executive leadership audio podcast series. Prepared specifically for senior executives and boards directors of not-for-profit Australian adult and community education (ACE) organisations, the series aims at improving organisational governance and deal with some of the most common – and pressing – leadership problems.
Programs can be accessed directly from the CCA website, or via iTunes, and can be either downloaded or streamed for free. This podcast (“Series 3”) follows two previous CCA series in 2019 and 2018, both of which are still available for listening.
Program interviewees include Chris Taylor, Chair, Tec-NQ, Townsville; Julia Ridout, Chair, Central Coast Community College; Dr Ty Wiggins, Principal, Converge Consulting & Executive Director, Russell Reynolds Associates; Wayne Condon, Principal, Converge Consulting; Adam Siegel, CEO, Visage Growth Partners; David Mackay, CEO, Tuggerah Lake Community College & Chair, Community Colleges Australia; Nick Hedges, Director, ResolveHR; Sue Reynolds, Vocational Education Training Manager, Western Riverina Community College; Theresa Collignon, CEO, Macquarie Community College; Kerry Johnson, CEO, ACE Community Colleges, Lismore; Ron Maxwell, CEO. VERTO; Luther Poier, Managing Director and Head of Venture Capital, BlueChilli Technology; and Robert Migliore, Director, Actevate.
- Being the Chair of the Board of a Community Education Provider: Download this episode (16′)
- Best Practice Board Meetings: Download this episode (18′)
- When your Board goes rogue – how to get it back on track: Download this episode (14′)
- What is a strategic plan and why do you need one: Download this episode (15′)
- Having tough conversations: Download this episode (17′)
- Leading for change in difficult times: Download this episode (21′)
- Performance management for your CEO – What does a Chair and Board need to do: Download this episode (19′)
- Mental health support for staff – best practice: Download this episode (20′)
View more details on the podcast series program page.
Evaluation and feedback: help us to evaluate CCA podcast Series 3 by filling out this short survey once you have listened to some or all of the podcasts. Thank you.
About the Series
Producer: Ryan Pemberton, Audiocraft
Executive Producer: Dr Don Perlgut, Community Colleges Australia
Program Advisers: Dr Ty Wiggins, Converge Consulting; and Nick Hedges, ResolveHR
Project Assistant: Clare Harris, Community Colleges Australia
Funding: This audio podcast series was produced for Community Colleges Australia with funding support from the New South Wales Government.