Registrations are now open for CCA’s 2021 National ACE Summit – taking place in the morning of 29 June – which will run in a “hybrid” from Summit headquarters at the historic Mint on Sydney’s Macquarie Street, with a virtual platform that allows participation from all around the country. In-person registrations are limited to 70 people only (online is unlimited), so be quick if you want to join us at the Summit HQ. Registration now open, for both in-person and online attendance: purchase two online tickets and receive unlimited participation from your organisation. Contact CCA for more details.
Summit Focus: Foundation Skills and the Aged Care Workforce
Summit key focus areas will be adult and community education (ACE) providers and foundation skills; and the aged care workforce, which received a massive boost of 33,800 new government-funded training places from last week’s Budget.
- The Hon Dr Geoff Lee MP, NSW Minister for Skills and Tertiary Education (in-person)
- The Hon Gayle Tierney MP, VIC Minister for Training and Skills & Minister for Higher Education
- Dr Matthew Bach, VIC Shadow Minister for Higher Education, Training and Skills & Brent Mickelberg MP, QLD Shadow Minister for Employment, Small Business and Training
- David Crosbie, CEO, Community Council for Australia & Dr Marcia Keegan, Associate & Partner, SGS Economics and Planning, on “Wellbeing Economics” (both in-person)
- Jason Coutts, Assistant Secretary, Foundation Skills Branch, Department of Education, Skills and Employment
- Yasmin King, CEO, SkillsIQ & Tim Rawlings, Director & Head of Training Product Development, PwC’s Skills for Australia
- Janette Dines, Australian Government Student Identifiers Registrar
- Kylie Fergusen, CEO, Community Centres SA; Vanessa Iles, Manager, the Reading Writing Hotline; and Jo Medlin, President, Australian Council for Adult Literacy (ACAL).
- More to be confirmed soon.
Call to all not-for-profit training providers – Summit Innovation Video Challenge
Promote your organisation’s success story by video: CCA has issued an open call to all Australian ACE (not for profit training) providers to promote a success story from your organisation at the Summit. We seek videos of maximum 90 seconds – best length is 45 to 60 seconds – that illustrate an ACE innovation or success story. Preferred stories will relate to foundation skills or aged care training delivery, ideally in conjunction with your aged care or foundation skills community partner/s. However, any strong innovation is welcome. CCA will upload all suitable videos to our YouTube channel and broadcast the best videos during the Summit. Two prizes will be awarded: to the most engaging foundation skills video, and to the most engaging aged care training video. Enter as many times as you like. Contact CCA for details on how to upload your video.
Contact us at email@example.com