Community Colleges Australia (CCA) has released a new six-part audio podcast series on corporate governance and business management for Australian community education providers.
The episodes in the series feature experienced community college CEOs, business consultants and governance specialists. The podcasts have been produced for not-for-profit Australian community education boards of directors, CEOs, company secretaries and other senior staff involved in organisational governance and business management.
The programs are available for downloading or streaming through the CCA website, or through iTunes. Transcripts of each program are also available. This is the second CCA audio podcast series, following an eight-part series on board governance released in February 2018.
The six episodes in the series are:
- Corporate Governance
- Building a Successful Mentoring Program
- Succeeding through the CEO Transition
- Strategic Planning
- HR, Recruitment, Retention, Development and Leading as a Coach
Those interviewed in the new series are:
- Phil Butler, Not-for-Profit Sector Leader, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Patricia Carroll, CEO, St George & Sutherland Community College
- Theresa Collignon, CEO, Macquarie Community College
- David Fuller, Chief Executive Officer, WEA Illawarra & Chair, Community Colleges Australia
- Nick Hedges, Director, Resolve HR
- David Mackay, CEO, Tuggerah Lakes (TLK) Community College
- David Martin, CEO, Western Riverina Community College
- Joanne Martin, CEO, Central Coast Community College
- Ted Nabung, Principal & CEO, Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Community College.
- Michelle Simpson, CEO, Tamworth Community College
- Ty Wiggins, Partner, Converge Consulting
- Emma Lancaster (Series Producer) is a journalist, producer and researcher for ABC Radio and 2SER and other Australian community radio stations
- Miles Martignoni (Executive Producer) is Guardian Australia's podcast producer and the founder of Heaps Good Media.
- Ty Wiggins (Content Adviser) is a Principal of Converge Consulting, and management and strategy consultant who specialises in executive coaching and mentoring and has worked for many Australian community colleges.
- Dr Don Perlgut (Project Manager) is the CEO of Community Colleges Australia.
This series has been funded by Training Services NSW (NSW Department of Industry) through its ACE Programs, Teaching and Leadership Program.
Evaluation and feedback
Please help CCA evaluate Series 2 by filling out this short survey once you have listened to some or all of the podcasts.