The Community Colleges Australia (CCA) first “peer to peer” CEO mentoring program will commence in early 2018. Ty Wiggins, CCA’s management and strategy consultant who specialises in coaching and mentoring and has worked for many community colleges, will facilitate the program and train both “mentors” and “mentees” (those who are being mentored). All CCA CEOs are eligible to apply to the program either to be mentored or become a volunteer mentor.
Please contact Don Perlgut to express interest in this program.
The purpose of the CEO mentoring program is to:
- Ensure that new CCA CEOs have a “buddy” to assist them in “navigating the shoals” of being a community education provider CEO, providing strategic advice that is delivered over a structured program, including how to network and obtain maximum value from the network of CCA members.
- Assist new CEOs to do their jobs well and thus to ensure sustainable adult and community college (ACE) organisations.
- Assist in skill-building (professional development) by new CEOs who may have gaps in their abilities, backgrounds and experiences.
- Assist in skill-building (professional development) by existing CEOs who may have skill gaps in their abilities, backgrounds and experiences.
- Provide more experienced CEOs with the opportunity to develop their mentoring skills within a structured program, and to contribute to the community college sector.
Recommended reading for all community education CEOs: “CEOs Need Mentors Too”, by Suzanne de Janasz and Maury Peiperl (Harvard Business Review, April 2015).
This 2018 CCA CEO mentoring program is funded under the ACE Programs, Teaching and Leadership Program by the NSW Department of Industry. The 2017-2018 ACE Teaching and Leadership Program is aligned to the Department’s priority to improve adult and community education outcomes.