CommunityGuard is a group insurance scheme established for the benefit of Community Colleges Australia (CCA) members. The scheme provides significant discounts on quality insurance products that have been specifically tailored to meet the needs of not-for-profit community organisations, adult learning organisations and peak bodies.
Purchasing insurance through the scheme benefits all CCA members. By approaching the insurance market as a group, we are able to leverage our combined purchasing power to negotiate competitive premiums on quality cover.
CommunityGuard is administered by Coverforce, Australia’s largest privately owned insurance broker. Coverforce is a long term supporter of CCA and a market leader in the establishment and management of group insurance schemes.
Coverforce understands the risks faced by community education providers, and works hard to ensure every CCA member has access to quality cover at competitive rates. In the event of a claim, the Coverforce team works with the insurer on the member’s behalf to ensure full entitlement under the policy.
Key insurance products currently available include the following
Public and Products Liability Insurance
Public Liability Insurance protects against the financial risks of being found liable for a third party death or injury, loss or damage to property or economic loss resulting from negligence.
A Public Liability Insurance policy typically covers an organisation for:
- Legal representation costs incurred during the settlement of a claim;
- Injury or damage to a third party caused by your business’ activities;
- Damage caused by your business to someone else’s property; and
- Loss and damage of goods.
Industrial Special Risks
Industrial Special Risks insurance covers Material Loss or Damage and Business Interruption.
- Material Loss or Damage: physical loss or destruction of or damage to the property insured, caused by a peril not excluded.
- Business Interruption: loss resulting from interruption to the business consequent upon physical loss or destruction of or damage to property used by the Insured by a peril not excluded.
Association Liability Insurance
Association Liability provides cover for Civil Liability Professional Indemnity, Office Bearers’ Liability and Association reimbursement, Association Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Crime, Tax Audit and Legal Consultation.
Personal Accident Insurance
Personal Accident Insurance covers all voluntary workers of the Insured, students attending work experience, all employees and staff of the Insured. Personal Accident Insurance provides death and capital benefits and weekly injury benefits.
Hall Hire Liability Cover
Hall Hire Liability cover is for third parties to obtain public liability insurance cover for a one-off hire of an insured’s premises.
There are two main policy types/extensions we recommend to businesses and organisations looking to arrange Cyber Insurance:
- Cyber Crime Insurance (or Cyber Crime Policy Extension) provides cover for theft of money as a result of a cybercrime event, for example social engineering fraud, phishing, phreaking or other forms of cyber fraud involving loss of money.
- Cyber Liability and Privacy Protection Insurance provides cover for:
- First Party (own) costs and expenses (excluding theft of money) as a result of a Cyber event, or breach of privacy, as defined by the Insurers policy wording.
- Fines and penalties incurred as a result of a Cyber event, or breach of privacy, as defined by the Insurers policy wording.
- Business Interruption/Consequential Loss (excluding theft of money) as a result of a Cyber event, or breach of privacy, as defined by the Insurers policy wording.
- Third Party costs and expenses (excluding theft of money) as a result of a Cyber event, or breach of Privacy as defined by the Insurers policy wording.