CCA looks forward to welcoming you to our next professional development event at the Rooftop Conference Room, 370 St Kilda Road, Melbourne on Friday 12 May 2017:
- Registration and coffee at 8.30am
- Commencement at 9.00am
- Close at 3.30pm
- Location: The Rooftop Conference Room, 370 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
- Morning tea and lunch provided
- Free to CCA members; $100 (plus GST) for non-members
- Spaces are limited, on a first-come, first-served basis: reserve your place now by clicking on the Register Now button below.
Topics under discussion to include:
- Setting the scene: Julie Neeson, Southern Grampians Adult Education and Community College, Hamilton
- Auditing in the new age – a presentation by Kevin Ekendahl, Audit Express
- Update on Skills First, by a representative of the VIC Department of Education and Training
- The special case for community education providers in rural and regional Australia: challenges and opportunities, Dr Don Perlgut, CCA CEO
- Community RTOs in Victoria: History, Scope, Scale, Success Factors and Prospects, By Dr Kaye Bowman, former Director of Research at NCVER and VET consultant
- Foundations Skills Training Package: where are the consultations up to? Have your say - a session with Tim Rawlins, PwC Skills for Australia
- What you need to know about the Commonwealth’s new VET Student Loans program, even if you will never use it
- Community education providers and local and regional economic development roundtable discussion – come prepared to share your experiences
- A new national community education infrastructure program – what’s happened since the last one in 2009?
- Entrepreneurship and social enterprise
And don’t forget CCA’s Annual Conference, to take place in Melbourne on 25-27 July 2017.