VET Manager Network and professional development in 2019 (for CCA members only)
Keep abreast of new events and to engage with experts in areas of interest.
Share and develop new skills with your professional colleagues.
CCA's first VET Manager session for 2019 was held on Tuesday 5 March, at the Hyde Park Inn, 271 Elizabeth Street, Sydney.
The second session will take place at the beginning of Term 2. Details to follow soon.
The event was facilitated by Sue Flindell, a highly skilled learning and audit professional and:
- explored organisational roles and activities to help build effective connections and common areas of engagement
- workshop RTO challenges and approaches – e.g. validation, trainer and assessor professional development, volume of learning and amount of training - quality and compliance concerns (including foundation skills)
- facilitated collaboration around resource and assessment development for the sector, with first stage development focussing on a common skills set.
- showcased key research, statistics and directions for the sector with Don Perlgut, CCA’s CEO.
- Discussed new ideas, strategies and resources to support the social and emotional wellbeing of VET professionals
Training Services NSW were also present, focussing on current Departmental thinking and providing insights into data management and reporting.