The second 2019 CCA VET Managers workshop continues its focus on collaboration and sharing between colleges. The project aims to build training products for the sector and to upgrade the skills of VET managers and professionals of CCA members. The agenda includes relevant targeted advice and engaging activities.
There are no prerequisites for participating. If you haven’t attended a meeting for a while, or are new to your role, this is a unique opportunity.
This workshop on 30 April will continue to explore compliance, this time with a specific lens on RTO performance under NSW Smart and Skilled and CSO contracts.
- What are the critical issues for Training Services NSW? Ask questions and explore how quality is perceived by NSW Department of Industry monitoring teams, how this links to your AQTF compliance and what you can do to minimise organisational disruptions and non-compliances.
- Explore tools and approaches to help you with staff engagement, CSO and AQTF compliance.
- We will also work on new products and ideas for training solutions, building on the input from our previous VET Manager meetings.
Sue Flindell, an expert VET trainer and facilitator from Positive Training Solutions, will again facilitate the meeting to bring coherence – and fun – to the day.
Participation is free for CCA members; register through the link below:
The event was facilitated by Sue Flindell, a highly skilled learning and audit professional and:
- explored organisational roles and activities to help build effective connections and common areas of engagement
- workshop RTO challenges and approaches – e.g. validation, trainer and assessor professional development, volume of learning and amount of training - quality and compliance concerns (including foundation skills)
- facilitated collaboration around resource and assessment development for the sector, with first stage development focussing on a common skills set.
- showcased key research, statistics and directions for the sector with Don Perlgut, CCA’s CEO.
- Discussed new ideas, strategies and resources to support the social and emotional wellbeing of VET professionals
Training Services NSW were also present, focussing on current Departmental thinking and providing insights into data management and reporting.
The 2019 CCA VET Managers meetings are funded by the NSW Department of Industry. The 2018-2019 ACE Teaching and Leadership Program is aligned to the Department’s priority to improve adult and community education outcomes.