City East College is a Not-for Profit Adult Learning organisation nestled in the heart of Sydney’s East. We are committed to creating and cultivating growth opportunities for the community through lifelong learning.
A proud member of the Sydney Eastern and Inner City suburbs Community since 1952. City East College is passionate about providing a place for all members of the community to learn and develop to their full potential. Social inclusion, quality education and community involvement are core to who we are.
We successfully partner with community organisations, local councils, schools and neighbourhood facilities to increase our scope and celebrate diversity.
City East College is looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager on an initial 12 month maximum term contract. This person will be well presented with a proven track record of success as a Program Manager in the education sector, and the ability to drive revenue through program development. You will be an individual who is able to articulate a concept and a vision. Further to this you will demonstrate the following:
- A strong background in education, program development and management
- The ability to engage with clients, external stakeholders and business partners
- Excellent internal stakeholder management which enables operationalisation of new ideas
- The ability to work autonomously and be a real go getter
- Experience in developing and implementing educational training processes and activities included but not limited to: curriculum design of Foundation Skills (FSK) programs, Community Service Obligation (CSO), English programs and Smart & Skilled (S&S), ensuring compliance within VET framework and requirements and contractual obligations with funding organisations
- Ability to attract and recruit teaching staff, including their retention and development; to ensure they actively engage students in the learning process
You will posses the following qualifications or equivalent experience:
- Recognised Graduate/Post-Graduate qualifications, as appropriate
- Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Develop and co-ordinate educational training processes and activities included but not limited to: curriculum design of Foundation Skills (FSK) programs, Community Service Obligation (CSO), English programs and Smart & Skilled (S&S), ensuring compliance within VET framework and requirements and contractual obligations with funding organisations
- Responsible for HR recruitment process for teaching staff, to ensure the attraction, retention and development of high quality, passionate staff who actively engage students in the learning process
- Engage stakeholders to develop opportunities & partnerships including community groups, local business, council, industry groups, and other forums
- Liaise as appropriate with schools, government departments (including Department of Industry and State Training Services, ASQA) and community and non-government agencies (including where appropriate to seek joint projects)
- Leverage existing relationships across other City East College programs to maximise opportunities for cross referral
- With CEO, develop, optimise and implement the college vision and strategic plan
- With CEO, accountable for increasing revenue via; increased funding, new funding or grant opportunities, full fee paying students or other new business streams
- Accountable for increasing profit margins for each program by a minimum of 10%
- Advocate and employ strategies to serve the interests of the College; form and maintain alliances to advance College interests; represent the College at educational forums; contribute to sector-wide developments
- Work closely with the CEO on relevant educational and business initiatives, policy, compliance, risk, staffing, student and operational matters of the College
- Work collaboratively with broader team to develop a ‘whole of College’ approach to learning and care that inspires students and teachers and provides a seamless experience
- Work collaboratively with Community Colleges Australia and other Community Colleges - sharing knowledge, identifying and addressing sector issues & solutions
- Foster an environment of team effectiveness, collaboration and productive working relationships based on inclusivity and mutual respect
- Ensure consideration of the needs of disadvantaged groups and integrate social inclusion in the development of programming where appropriate
- In association with the CEO, ensure financial management of programs, including effective use of funds against budget to ensure financial viability of the College.
What's on Offer
We are offering the opportunity to work within a highly regarded non-for-profit organisation, in a very rewarding industry. This role is open to full time or part time pending the needs and skills of the successful candidate.
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Position: Independent Contractor
Remuneration: $2500 per month
Cooperative Learning Ltd (CLL), comprising 15 Community Colleges, is an exciting experiment in collaboration between regional NSW training providers. CLL is a model for collaboration which enhances business development and builds capacity for the individual members. We are seeking an experienced candidate who shares our Collaboration values, and is willing to help further our ongoing commitment to building an innovative future. The location of the candidate is flexible and would ideally be within easy access to one of the member colleges.
The Purpose of the role is to provide Coordination Services to support the membership. This is a role that requires variable hours subject to activity.
- Project management of the NSW Department of Industry/NSW Training Market (ACE) Teaching and Leadership Program funded for January-June 2018
- Coordinate and facilitate F2F Professional Development forums for Executive Officers and Senior Managers
- Identify and actively pursue funding opportunities
- Identify and implement Strategic Projects, which will benefit the Member Colleges.
To be successful in this role you must have [specific requirements]:
- knowledge and experience of the Vocational and Adult Community Education sector
- Demonstrated success in building rapport with a wide range of people and in monitoring and delivering services which meet customer requirements.
- Experience of working with government funding divisions and or knowledge of
- The ability to work flexibly to meet contract demands.
- The ability to address and meet focus capabilities as stated in the Position Description.
Your application for this role must include:
- A resume, including evidence that you meet the specific requirements of the position.
- Contact details of 2 referees.
If you require assistance with the application process, or have any enquiries about the position, please contact Valerieanne Byrnes , email@example.com