Robinson Education Centre Ltd trading as Robinson College is a registered training organisation located in the city of Broken Hill. Broken Hill is the birth place of BHP and was built on the back of the mining industry. Now established as an art mecca, Broken Hill is surrounded by the beautiful Barrier Ranges with access to a diverse range of activities including bush walking, camping, 4x4, and art right on your door step.
Robinson College delivers a range of nationally accredited full and partial qualifications which support the mining, construction, health, business, age care and high-risk industries. Robinson College is in the prime position of continuing substantial growth of its business. Providing vocational education to over 1,400 students and delivering up to 4000 units of competency per year, this organisation provides positive and measurable outcomes in learning and development through specialist training services.
Robinson College receives substantial funding due to its remote location and the ongoing needs to skill and upskill this region.
The focus of the role is to manage all aspects of Robinson College under the directive of the Board.
Experience in managing an RTO or equivalent skills is essential along with a comprehensive hands-on approach across ASQA, funding contracts, ASIC, compliance and training packages.
The RTO Manager is responsible to ensure Robinson College is audit ready and compliant in all government contractual standards and obligations including its scope of registration and program offerings. This role requires exceptional knowledge, attention to detail, project planning, accuracy, the ability to build, lead, manage and work collaboratively with the teams to ensure compliance is understood, embedded in the culture and becomes second nature. Therefore, you will need excellent communication skills to be able to professionally manage, build and lead this winning team.
As a core member of the management team and reporting directly to the Board, you will be responsible for the overall RTO management and ultimately for ensuring quality training is provided to our valued clients.
- Provide effective leadership, management and monitoring of all RTO operations including but not limited to recruitment, performance, productivity, HR and the assurance of quality outcomes (e.g., compliance, quality training, customer service);
- Monitor and evaluate the delivery and assessment of training programs on scope to ensure Robinson College is responsive and drives continuous improvement consistent with compliance requirements;
- Establish and maintain the RTO’s compliance requirements to safeguard adherence to ASQA guidelines, procedures and policy;
- Identify opportunities for improvement and implement quality improvement initiatives;
- Provide supervision and support to the RTO team;
- Liaise and build on existing networks across a range of industries;
- Development and implementation of policies and procedures - development, review, implementation;
- Ensure that all work conducted by the team is undertaken in accordance with safe working practices and legislative requirements;
- Undertake additional tasks as requested or required by the Board;
- Advanced knowledge of ASQAnet and its purpose including registration and scope;
- Knowledge and practical application of Internal audits
- Performance Management of all staff;
- Ability to reach and surpass KPI’s.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Have no less than five (5) years’ successful experience in either Management or equivalent positions within the business and/or RTO environment;
- Experience in an RTO or equivalent compliance environment (3+ years);
- Qualification or the ability to acquire a qualification in business or management;
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to embed ASQA Standards for RTOs 2015 V2.0 across the organisation in practical applications;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills;
- Strong time and project management skills;
- Must have a friendly disposition, be well presented and client service orientated;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Human Resources;
- High level computer literacy skills across Microsoft suite;
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a team framework to achieve organisational change objectives.
- Excellent people and performance management skills;
- You must have a vision and the ability to demonstrate entrepreneurial skills to be suitable for this position.
- Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or greater or a comprehensive understanding of training and assessment in practice;
- Experience managing RTO timetabling and allocation of teaching hours.
To apply for this position
- Do you have a 'lead from the front' attitude and the ability to take leadership of the RTO?
- Do you have a demonstrated ability to work at an exceptional level of performance and efficiency?
- Do you have a right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working for a registered training organisation (RTO)?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in management?
- Possession of a current Australian Drivers Licence and willingness to provide a National Police Check, NSW Working with Children Check and the capacity to meet the regulatory requirements of governing bodies.
- Please provide a one-page introductory letter, your CV and a two-page resume addressing the essential criteria for the position in 11 font Times New Roman.
Contact the Chief Executive Officer Tracey Dodimead to access the employment package.
For further information please contact either:
Tracey Dodimead (CEO) 0439 922 226 or Tracey.Dodimead@robinsoncollege.nsw.edu.au
Marion Browne (Chair) 0427 057 967 or email@example.com