Recent and upcoming presentations by CCA staff include:
- "Leveraging Regional Development through VET", TAFE Directors Australia Convention, Adelaide, September 2017, by CEO Dr Don Perlgut. Link to presentation
- "Inequality in Australia: What can vocational education and training do?" Australian Conference of Economists: Economics for Better Lives, Sydney July 2017, by CEO Dr Don Perlgut.
- "Community Education: The 'Passing Gear' of Australian Rural and Regional VET", 26th National Vocational Education and Training Research "No Frills" Conference, Hobart, Tasmania, July 2017, by CEO Dr Don Perlgut.
- “Special Purpose Schools from ALESCO and Beyond: Australian Secondary Schools Operating from Adult Education Organisations”, Alesco Learning Australia 2017 Conference, Newcastle NSW, June 2017, by Manager of Policy & Projects, Evelyn Goodwin, and CEO, Dr Don Perlgut.
- "Community Education in an Age of VET Uncertainty: Trends, Policies and Opportunities, "Australian Vocational Education and Training Research Association (AVETRA) 20th Annual Conference, Melbourne, April 2017, by CEO Dr Don Perlgut.
- “Meeting the economic challenges of regional and rural Australia: Leveraging community capacity to foster innovation in VET”, ACPET National Conference, Hobart, August 2016, by Dr Don Perlgut, CEO. Link to presentation abstract.
- “Leveraging philanthropy to foster innovation and financial sustainability”, at the Akolade conference, Innovative Business Models for VET: Enabling sustainable growth in an era of reform & compliance, Sydney, July 2016, by Dr Don Perlgut, CEO.
- NCVER 25th National Vocational Education and Training Research "No Frills" Conference, Rockhampton, Queensland, July 2016, by Dr Don Perlgut, CEO. Link to full presentation.
- Australian Vocational Education & Training Research Association (AVETRA) conference, April 2016, Sydney, by Ruth Walker. Link to presentation abstract
- Australian Council of TESOL Associations & Australian Council for Adult Literacy ACTR/ACAL Conference, Perth, April 2016, by Ruth Walker, Project Manager.
Publications and blogs
Vulnerable and Disadvantaged Students of NSW Community Education Providers: Analysis of Participants in Government-Funded VET 2016, 28 September 2017 - a report based on the National Centre for Vocational Education Research "Government-Funded Students and Courses 2016" data.
The Role of Community Education in Australian Regional and Rural Economic Development, by Dr Don Perlgut, 7 February 2017. This publication has been catalogued by Australian Policy Online and VOCEDplus, NCVER's international tertiary education research database.
“More bad news for Australia’s private for-profit higher education sector,” by Dr Don Perlgut, 27 January 2017.
“Australian post-school education in the age of Trump,” by Dr Don Perlgut, Open Forum, 17 January 2017. Also re-published in the CCA website Comment section under the title “Australian VET in the Age of Trump”.
“No National Policy Direction on Vocational Education and Training Means that Community Education Loses Out,” by Dr Don Perlgut, 21 December 2016.
“What’s wrong with profit margins of Australia’s private VET providers?” by Dr Don Perlgut, Open Forum, 26 August 2016. Also published in the CCA Comment section as “What do bank profits have to tell us about Australia’s private for-profit VET providers”.
“Community education in vocational education and training: NCVER report shows that our numbers matter”, by Dr Don Perlgut, 20 July 2016
"Re-inserting 'community' into Australian Vocational Education and Training", by Dr Don Perlgut, Open Forum, 11 May 2016.